Buying replacement ink for your printer? You should know the difference between “OEM” and “non-OEM” ink. Essentially OEM comes directly from the original manufacturer, and “non-OEM” is the generic equivalent. Here’s a full explanation:
Vistaprint Postcards – My Real Review + Today’s Best Coupon: If you are looking to use postcards as part of your marketing strategy, you might want to consider Vistaprint. They have some of the best pricing & highest quality custom postcards, and when you use a coupon you save significantly more.
- Vistaprint Flyers: New On-Site Coupons– Click for today’s featured on-site deals
- All Featured Coupons & Promo Codes – Up to 12 Vistaprint deals updated daily
Inexpensive Marketing Flyers from Vistaprint: Spreading the Word
While technology has changed vastly in the last couple of decades, nothing has replaced the effectiveness of getting something into people’s hands. We’re still tactile learners and observers, and while we can ignore over 99% of banner ads online, we usually notice postcard-sized ads that are handed to us or appear in our mailbox.
That’s where flyers can help; they are an inexpensive, versatile form of marketing that has passed the test of time.
Vistaprint Flyers: 101 Marketing Uses:
Should flyers be a part of your small business marketing plan? If you are a brick and mortar business or restaurant owner, you’ve probably had to step up your marketing efforts in recent years. Not only do you need to focus on social media and customer reviews like never before, but if a site like Amazon sells similar products, you’re going to have to separate yourself from the crowd.
Here Are Vistaprint’s Flyer Sizes
There are 5 flyer sizes available including:
- Quarter Page Flyers: At 5.47″ x 4.21″ this is the most popular size of flyers. Great for handouts, you can distribute these small flyers in high-volume
- Half Page Flyers – (8.52″ x 5.47″) Great for special events, sales, coupons, this size of flyer can really attract attention
- Long Flyers – (3.74″ x 8.27″) Use for menus, price lists, or promotional take-aways
- Full Page Flyers – At 8.5″ x11″, these large flyers are the size of a standard cheet of paper. Leave these on the counter, or tack one up to a bulletin board
Some popular uses for flyers:
- Flyer Coupons – Give potential customers an incentive to come to your store, and the satisfaction of saving money. A majority of consumers say they are more likely to make a purchase if they have a coupon, so use flyers to create new customers, or bring back those who you haven’t seen in a while
- Restaurant Special Promotions – Two words: happy hour. Ok, beyond that, flyers are a great way to advertise specials, events, and music at your restaurant or store
- Realtor / Real Estate Flyers: A great way to for realtors to promote themselves and houses for sale or recent sales
- Holiday or Seasonal Event Flyers – In December hundreds of people are wandering around town like Capitalist zombies, looking for a reason to part with their money. Use flyers to get on their radar, and get them excited about what you are offering this season
- Community Event Flyers – You don’t have to be selling something to mail or give out Vistaprint flyers. Pass them out or leave a stack of them at schools, events, or even the public library. As Princess Anna once said, “Why have a ballroom with no balls?” Flyers help give balls to your marketing campaign!
- Trade Show Flyers – Trade shows are a whirlwind couple of hours; make sure potential customers have something in their hands of yours when they leave so they don’t forget you
- Advertise a Competition – Generate interest in your business with a competition or contest. *Tip: While a costume contest for Halloween is a fun idea for a restaurant, nix the idea of a pie-eating contest in your barber shop or funeral home. It’s just not in good taste
- Promote a Party or Concert – Are the kids still having raves these days? How about sock-hops? Are those still cool? Whatever rhythmic ceremonial ritual you’re hosting, consider advertising it with Vistaprint flyers
OK, so which Coupon for Flyers is Best?
If you are considering placing an order for flyers at vistaprint.com, definitely take a couple of minutes to find the best available coupon or promo code. There is always a promotion that includes flyers, so consider site-wide promotions as well as flyer-specific coupons.
The best place to compare all coupons is at our Vistaprint coupon page.
New Customer? Consider the Free Shipping Promotion for Your Flyers
Vistaprint reserves their best coupons for new customers, so look to get both a percentage discount and free shipping on your first order. You’ll probably have to meet a minimum order size for free delivery, but it’s usually only about $50. Most serious orders of flyers can easily exceed that.
Vistaprint Flyers: Bad Reviews?
In reading through the many reviews for Vistaprint flyers, there were two complaints that seemed to be most common:
- Photo(s) are blurry – Make sure you use high resolution photos on your flyers. Photo’s taken with your own camera should be imported at full size; probably at least several hundred “k” in file size each, and very sharp
- Photos are dark – While most customers report a product that looks the same as the preview, a number of reviews say that the images in the printed flyer are darker than expected. Not a bad idea to brighten your images slightly before uploading
Note: Customers who did post bad reviews of flyers on Vistaprint.com were offered a credit on their account for the entire purchase, giving them a second chance to get it right.
Flyer Design Ideas
“very elegant on the palate, with rich, ripe but tightly wound cassis and chocolately flavors nicely framed by silky tannins. Finishes lively, floral and long…”
Ah, yes; Chateau Petrus, which has a reputation for being one of the best, and most expensive vintages of wine available.
In fact, silly humans can pre-order a bottle of it for about $1600 online, although don’t plan on bringing it to dinner next Friday night (to compliment Mom’s meatloaf?) as it might not ship for a few months.
“Wow, I would never splurge on something that decadent,” you say! Something so extravagant is surely only bought by fat cats who wear monocles and light their cigars with $100 bills, right?
Name Brand Printer Ink Can Cost $70 Per Ounce!
Actually, depending on how you price it, you might already be buying something just as lavish. As you can see in the graphic above, the
price per ounce of printer ink
If you are just here looking for a coupon, and don’t care to read my review, no offense. Here’s the best available coupon for posters:
- Vistaprint posters: 25% Off – Click to view this week’s featured promotions
- View all coupons for Vistaprint– Get up to 50% off + free shipping site-wide.
Vistaprint Poster Printing Review:
This year I was once again tasked with the job of creating an 11×17″ poster design for our town’s annual “Music In the Park” fundraising event.
This is what you’d call a “labor of love” as designing and printing the poster usually takes me three days of work, and I always exceed the $100 budget that I’m given to print 50 posters. Any money spent above that comes directly out of my pocket, so it’s in my interest find the best price and quality for 11×17″ posters.
Instead of using the guy at the print shop down the road who does me a favor to only go $50 over budget, I’m using Vistaprint this year.
Using Vistaprint for Printing Posters
Free stuff from Vistaprint for your business – If you’re a small business considering printing marketing materials, it might help to get samples in your hands before putting together an order. In fact, a number of online printing services offer free samples, including Vistaprint.
HP Video Explaining How Inkjet Cartridges Work: So, you thought that an ink cartridge was basically just a little plastic box that holds ink until it’s magically transferred onto paper by tiny elves? (Well, that’s what I always assumed)
Anyway, we can’t do much about how the government wastes our money, so let’s look closer to home. In fact, let’s look at your inkjet printer.
We’ve already mentioned how expensive printer ink is, so at least it’s being used efficiently, right?
Wrong! According to Consumer Reports, about 50% of that printer ink never hits the page. In fact, the worst offenders only output about 30% of their ink to the pages! So, why are inkjet printers so wasteful? It seems that the culprit is the intermittent use of our printers.
Print Less Frequently, Waste More Ink
Basically what that means is that most people don’t buy an ink cartridge and use it all up in one week. More likely, people print a few pages here and there, and this is where the waste begins. The printer uses much of the ink in self-maintenance and cleaning, and ends up sitting in a reservoir inside the printer. (What a little diva!)
Printer companies are well aware of this, and on HP’s website states that, “Some ink must be used to maintain the health of the print head; some ink is residual; and some ink evaporates.”
How many pages can you get out of an inkjet cartridge?
Having said that, here are some considerations before you finalize that all-important decision:
Should You Buy an Inkjet or Laser Printer? (Video)
When I think of a printer for home use, I instantly think of inkjet printers. They’ve become kind of the “Renaissance man” of your home office. After all, they can print out emails, address labels, stickers, t-shirt transfers, or even photo-quality prints from your digital photos.
As if that’s not enough, many of the “all in one printers” throw in scanner, printer, and fax machine capability.
Inkjet or Laser Printer?
So inkjet printer must be right for me then? Maybe; consider the following before buying:
The process that ensures quality for remanufactured and compatible ink is known as ISO 9001. Most ink that meets these tough standards will actually have an ISO 9001 seal on the packaging, meaning that they have been manufactured under ISO 9001 standards.
While all of your top ink brands like Epson, Canon, HP ink, and Lexmark (genuine ink directly from the manufacturer is known as “OEM ink”) comply with these standards, you’ll want to make sure any generic ink cartridges that you buy comply as well.
The coupons for generic ink that we feature on this site (click for 4inkjets.com coupons or 123inkjets.com coupons) all comply with these quality standards.
History of ISO 9001 quality standards:
In 1978, a Swiss organization known as the International Organization for Standards (ISO) created a set of quality standards, known as ISO 9000. This set of stringent quality standards are universally accepted and were created to ensure that a specific product or service will consistently meet their expectations every time.
ISO 9001 is a specific set of standards under the broader global standards (known as ISO 9000) that monitors the quality of design, development, and production. In this case, the ISO 9001 standards apply to compatible inkjets and remanufactured inkjets.
The ISO 9001 certification process
The process for obtaining ISO 9001 certification is a very rigorous process. With the end result guaranteeing that you, the customer, are getting a very high quality product. Some of the requirements in ISO 9001 (which is one of the standards in the ISO 9000 family) include:
- a set of procedures that cover all key processes in the compatible inkjet cartridge manufacturing process
- monitoring all manufacturing processes to ensure quality of inkjet cartridges
- checking inkjet cartridge for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary
- regularly reviewing specific individual processes as well as the quality system itself for effectiveness
- facilitating continual improvement for inkjet manufacturing process
- New: Get 500 business cards for only $10 + shipping! – Vistaprint
In general, a company or organization that has been independently audited and certified to be in compliance with strict ISO 9001 standards may publicly state that it is “ISO 9001 certified” or “ISO 9001 registered”. (as seen on the side of many inkjet cartridges) Certification to an ISO 9001 standard certifies that formalized business processes are being applied for consistency.
Buy generic ink that is iso 9001 certified for quality